Due to the nature of bathroom suites being used on a daily basis now and then there are bound to be repairs needed or replacements to be made. What’s the difference though between a manageable DIY job and when should you call it a day and seek the help of a professional?
- Know what you are doing. Always research a job before starting and read the manufacturer’s warnings and instructions.
- Have the correct equipment. Don’t be tempted to cut corners!
- Take your time. Always wait for paint, sealant etc to finish drying. Do not rush through a job for the sake of time saving. The quality of the finish may be compromised.
- Wear the right clothing. Protect your hands, eyes and skin from harsh chemicals, sharp objects and heat.
When to avoid DIY
- If you are dealing with electrics, such as faulty electrical showers and are unsure always contact a fully qualified electrician.
- If you are experiencing an emergency repair such as no central heating in the winter it’s best to call in a professional for a fast and efficient solution.
- If you a dealing with a recurring problem it may be best to get professional help to ensure the problem is fully corrected. This could also save you money in the long run.
- If you are not confident to do it on your own. If you have any doubts it’s always best to at least seek advice from an expert. There is no point doing a job if you’re doing it badly!
Author: Laura Davis