If maintaining the pristine look of your bathroom seems like a never ending chore then it’s useful to know some handy tips about how to keep problematic areas clean. Not only is a dirty bathroom unsightly, it can also be bad for your health! So here’s a few helpful tips from BestBathrooms.com to keep your bathroom tiles looking top.
Dirt, mould and soap scum can cling to and grow on the surface of your tiles and the grout in between. The longer these accumulations are left the worse they’ll become, so it’s best to eradicate any of these at the first trace.
Here’s a list of some of the top tips and suggestions available:
- Use a coarse sponge and a spray on cleaning product to remove dirt.
- Alternatively, use white vinegar for a natural cleaning solution.
- For walls, start at the top tiles and work your way down.
- Clean tiles first and then concentrate on the grout.
- If grout is white, use diluted bleach to clean. If coloured, use baking soda and water. (Be aware that a strong bleach solution can damage bathroom sealant!)
- Run the shower or hot tap before cleaning tiles. The steam will help loosen any dirt.
- Use a toothbrush to clean between tiles.
- Keep your bathroom well ventilated to prevent moisture building up and further mould forming.
Author: Laura Davis