Is your bathroom in need of a fresh, new look but you don’t have a huge budget or the time for a total refurbishment? There are plenty of ways in which you can easily transform the look and feel of a bathroom without splashing out too much cash, here are ten useful ideas.
New bathroom accessories such as a soap dish or dispenser, toilet roll holder and towel rail, are perfect for updating the look and feel of your bathroom and are available in a variety of designs to complement both modern and traditional bathrooms.
- New, fluffy towels can help bring a touch of luxury to your bathroom, if you have an all white bathroom suite, choose towels in a bright colour to create an interesting contrast.
An old shower curtain will not be doing your bathroom any favours and can even make a small bathroom feel more confined, replacing it with a bath screen can work wonders and will create a fresher, more modern look.
- Replacing your old taps can make all the difference and you don’t have to spend a fortune either. Taps are available in a huge variety of styles and designs to suit every type of bathroom.
- A fresh coat of paint provides an affordable and easy way to update the look of your bathroom, which helps to freshen up the overall look and feel.
If your shower head is a bit worse for wear it doesn’t cost much too replace it and you can enjoy refreshing showers yet once again, consider choosing one which has a variety of spray settings so you can create a more personalised shower.
- Replace an old radiator with a heated towel rail, which provides a more stylish way in which to keep your towels warm and dry.
Install a new illuminated mirror to provide your bathroom with a new feature and to create essential illumination when applying make-up or shaving. Think about choosing one that doubles up as a cabinet so you can easily store away your toiletries.
- Why not replace an old sink with a vanity unit to create more of a focal point? Vanity units which come complete with the basin feature plenty of storage space for all your bathroom essentials so you can keep surfaces free from any clutter.
Ensure surfaces around your bath or in a shower enclosure are kept free from shampoo and shower gel with a shower tidy or wire basket, which helps to create a more organised look to your bathroom.
Author: Liz Robinson