Is your bathroom in need of a fresh, new look but you don’t have a huge budget or the time for a total refurbishment? There are plenty of ways in which you can easily transform the look and feel of a bathroom without splashing out too much cash, here are ten useful ideas.
- New bathroom accessories such as a soap dish or dispenser, toilet roll holder and towel rail, are perfect for updating the look and feel of your bathroom and are available in a variety of designs to complement both modern and traditional bathrooms.
- New, fluffy towels can help bring a touch of luxury to your bathroom, if you have an all white bathroom suite, choose towels in a bright colour to create an interesting contrast.
- An old shower curtain will not be doing your bathroom any favours and can even make a small bathroom feel more confined, replacing it with a bath screen can work wonders and will create a fresher, more modern look.
- Replacing your old taps can make all the difference and you don’t have to spend a fortune either. Taps are available in a huge variety of styles and designs to suit every type of bathroom.
- A fresh coat of paint provides an affordable and easy way to update the look of your bathroom, which helps to freshen up the overall look and feel.
- If your shower head is a bit worse for wear it doesn’t cost much too replace it and you can enjoy refreshing showers yet once again, consider choosing one which has a variety of spray settings so you can create a more personalised shower.
- Replace an old radiator with a heated towel rail, which provides a more stylish way in which to keep your towels warm and dry.
- Install a new illuminated mirror to provide your bathroom with a new feature and to create essential illumination when applying make-up or shaving. Think about choosing one that doubles up as a cabinet so you can easily store away your toiletries.
- Why not replace an old sink with a vanity unit to create more of a focal point? Vanity units which come complete with the basin feature plenty of storage space for all your bathroom essentials so you can keep surfaces free from any clutter.
- Ensure surfaces around your bath or in a shower enclosure are kept free from shampoo and shower gel with a shower tidy or wire basket, which helps to create a more organised look to your bathroom.
Author: Liz Robinson