Terms and Conditions
You should read these terms and conditions ("these Terms") carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law and set out the terms under which BestBathrooms.com ("BestBathrooms.com", "we" and "us") makes the goods available to you.
1. Use of this Site
- This Website is provided to you free of charge for your personal use subject to these Terms. By using this Website you agree to be bound by these Terms. All orders and purchases made on this Website will also be governed by these Terms and will be between you and BestBathrooms.com. Your contract will not under any circumstances be with any other party, including any retailer whose Website may have directed you to this Website. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- The prices payable for the items that you order are clearly set out in the Website. If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we dispatch the item concerned. All prices are in pounds sterling and are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
- If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will notify you as soon as possible.
- There will be no contract of any kind between you and us unless and until we actually dispatch the goods to you. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the goods to you without giving any reason. At the moment that we accept your order, by dispatching the goods (and not before), a contract will be made between you and us. If we decline to supply goods and payment has already been taken from your credit or debit card, we shall credit your credit or debit card with the price of the goods within 30 days of declining your order. We shall not be obliged to offer you any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
- If there is a problem with your order in terms of availability of the goods or our ability to deliver, we shall contact you as soon as reasonably practicable.
- If the goods that you ordered are not available, we reserve the right to substitute goods of a similar specification and quality.
5. Delivery, Shortages and Acceptance
- Delivery will be made to the address specified by you on the completed order form. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
- All deliveries are by third party carriers. If you are not able to take delivery of the products, depending on the carrier used, your goods will either be stored at the depot nearest to your address until you can collect them or the carrier will attempt to redeliver the goods to your address.
- We shall use our best endeavours to secure delivery within our advertised timescales but shall not be liable for loss occasioned by delay in delivery arising out of any cause beyond our control.
- If you order items with different availability dates, we will hold all the items until the last item is delivered. You may however choose to have each item delivered separately and we reserve the right to charge you a delivery charge each time.
- Inspection Time - Please inspect the products within 7 days of the product arriving. Any discrepancies or damages need to be reported to us in this time.
- We can only be held responsible for shortages/damages if we are notified by Telephone or online via our
Contact Us pages within 7 days of delivery date.
- If our couriers cannot make a delivery you will be contacted by either us or the couriers to arrange a re-delivery or pick up.
- If you do not respond and the items are returned to us you may be subject to a charge.
- If the item needs re-delivering there will also be a re-delivery charge.
- For all re-deliveries you would be contacted by our Customer Services Department to be advised of the specific charge applicable.
- DX Pallets: You will need to be at the address when the delivery is made as the driver will deliver to the kerbside.
- Photographs may be asked for as form of identifying any issues with the order.
- You have the right to cancel your order up to 14 days following delivery by calling our
Customer Services Department. Alternatively, you can cancel your order by contacting us online via our
Contact Us pages.
- If the goods have already been dispatched at the date of receipt of your cancellation of the order you must return the goods to us in accordance with paragraph 7 below and we will credit your account with the price of the goods within 14 days of receiving the items back.
- If you do not return the goods within 14 days of your cancellation, we will make a charge in respect of the cost of recovering the goods. If you do not return the goods or fail to make them available for collection within 14 days of your notice of cancellation, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods, at which point a new purchase contract will be made and you will be charged for your order at the price set out on the Website. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If you’re simply not happy with your BestBathrooms.com purchase, you can return it to us up to 365 days later providing it’s still in the original packaging and in a resalable condition. Contact customer Services and inform them that you wish to return the item(s).
- At BestBathrooms.com all our products pass strict quality standards, but on very rare occasions you may find an item is damaged or faulty. If this is the case contact customer services as soon as you discover any damage or a fault, and we’ll ensure the item is returned or swapped quickly with minimal fuss. We will arrange a carrier to collect the damaged item from you and return it to us. In all other circumstances you shall be responsible for all returns postage/courier charges.
- If an item has been returned for any reason other than a product fault or a mistake on the part of BestBathrooms.com, you will be refunded the cost of the goods, provided that the goods are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you and are still in their original packaging.
- BestBathrooms.com cannot be held responsible for non-delivery of returned goods, so it is advised that the customer obtains proof of tracking confirmation from the Post Office or the courier.
- If a collection of an item is required, we will charge you the cost of collection which will be notified at the time of cancellation.
- If you are having an item collected for return, you are responsible for ensuring that the correct goods are given to the courier driver. We cannot be held responsible if the incorrect items are offered to the courier company. Nor can we ensure a safe return of the incorrect goods supplied.
- You can pay by all major credit and debit cards as well as PayPal.
- Payment is processed through the Royal Bank of Scotland Worldpay payment gateway (RBS Worldpay).
- Your payment details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of unauthorised access or disclosure. Authority for payment must be given at the time of order.
- Our liability to you in connection with any order will not exceed the total price charged for the goods.
9. Intellectual Property
- The content of this Website is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights.
- You may retrieve and display the content of this Website on a computer screen, mobile device and store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices.
- You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on this Website without written permission from BestBathrooms.com.
- No licence is granted to you in these Terms to use any trade mark of BestBathrooms.com.
10. Availability of this Site
- Although BestBathrooms.com aims to offer you the best service possible, BestBathrooms.com cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free.
- If a fault occurs in the service you should report it to the Customer Services Department online via our
Contact Us pages and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- If you have any suggestions as to how we may improve the Website, please
contact Customer Services who will be pleased to hear from you.
- Your access to this Website may be occasionally restricted to allow for maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
11. Our liability
- This Website is provided by BestBathrooms.com without any warranties or guarantees. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the Internet.
- In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
- Incompatibility of this Website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links.
- Technical problems including errors or interruptions of this Website.
- Unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of this Website.
- Inadequacy of this Website to meet your requirements.
- If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us via the indicated methods within 7 days of the delivery of the goods in question.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us via the indicated methods of the problem within 30 days of the date on which you ordered the goods.
- If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option:
- To make good any shortage or non-delivery;
- To replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
- To refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
- Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our Website. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you/or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to this Website.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or shall affect or exclude your statutory rights where it would be unlawful to do so.
12. Third Party Websites
- This Website includes links to other Websites or material which are beyond its control. BestBathrooms.com is not responsible for content on the Internet or World Wide Web, or any other Website outside this Website.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
- If any of these Terms is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We reserve the right to edit/remove non-product related reviews. This ensures that all reviews are product focused. If you wish to leave feedback on the service you received,
please visit our Trustpilot page.
14. International Use
- BestBathrooms.com makes no promise that materials on this Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing this Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- You may not assign, sub-licence or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
- If you breach these Terms and BestBathrooms.com ignores this, BestBathrooms.com will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms.
- BestBathrooms.com shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- We suggest that you do not schedule any installation until you have received and checked your goods. We recommend installation is carried out by a professional with full regard to expert plumbing practices, taking into account British Standards and normal sizes of any other products used.
18. Customer Services
Cookies are small files a website will put onto your computer to make visits and overall user experience easier, more personalised to you and faster. The majority of cookies are important to a site to enable standard operations such as remembering user details to enhance the shopper's experience. Take for instance a cookie to retain information about what products you have placed in your shopping basket, if this cookie failed to exist, a shopper would need to manually add each of their prospective purchases to their basket each time they visit a different page on BestBathrooms.com.
Cookies are categorised as the following types:
- Essential Cookies
- Use of Personal Data
- Helpful Cookies
- Third Party Cookies
As with the example above, an Essential Cookie enables a website to function at its best. For BestBathrooms.com this means making our customers shopping experience as straightforward as possible. BestBathrooms.com requires cookies to be present to remember the items you place in your shopping basket. To summaries, Essential Cookies do the following:
- Remember what's in a shopper's basket.
- Allow the contents of a shopper's basket to be transferred to the checkout and purchased.
Determine whether a customer is signed into a secure area of BestBathrooms.com. E.g. the checkout.
Please note: Essential Cookies are not harmful to your computer; neither do they store personal information such as your credit card details.
Information Cookies, as the name suggestions, provide important information to a website. BestBathrooms.com utilises such cookies to gather anonymous information to assess how customers are using the website. With this knowledge we are able to further enhance our website functionality to provide a satisfactory shopping experience. Information collected can include which product pages are receiving the most visits. BestBathrooms.com can then replicate popular offers and services, etc, to improve other areas of the website. To summaries, Information Cookies do the following:
- Improve our understanding of how customers use our website.
- Show us which pages are most popular so that we can improve our website.
- Highlight any errors on pages such as broken links.
Please note: Information Cookies are gathered anonymously from users, with no identifiable link to any personal information associated with them.
These cookies are designed to save information of advantage to a shopper such as names and addresses which on return to a website will not need to be filled out again. Helpful Cookies also remember important information such as your response if asked to fill out a survey which will be remembered to prevent unnecessary repetition. Where a website has an online chat function, this type of cookie is required to enable the correct operation of this service. To summaries, Helpful Cookies do the following:
- Tell us if you have already logged in to your BestBathrooms.com account.
- Tell us if this is your first visit to BestBathrooms.com.
- Enable live chat services to function correctly.
Third Party Cookies
Third Party Cookies determine which adverts are most likely to be preferable to a customer based on their interest. These cookies will also assess how effective an advertising campaign is towards customers and limit how often adverts are shown accordingly. The bulk of Third Party Cookies are placed onto a shopper's computer by the selected advertising organisations we have granted permission to do so. These cookies work to remember when customers visit our website and will then inform our advertising organisations so that they can provide adverts of probable interest. To summaries, Third Party Cookies do the following:
- Gather information about a customer's typical browsing habits.
- Display adverts of most relevance to you.
Please note: The information stored in Third Party Cookies in order to display adverts is completely anonymous and therefore contains no personal details from our visitors.
This information has been provided by BestBathrooms.com to comply with laws and legislation. All information on cookies has been presented clearly and honestly so that our customers and visitors understand their functions.
20. Price Match Guarantee
At Best Bathrooms we are confident that our prices can't be beaten, that's why we are proud to offer all our customers a price match guarantee. If you do happen to find an identical product advertised online at a lower price then you must contact us first before placing an order and we will try our very best to match any genuine quote. We cannot guarantee a price match after an order has been placed.
21. Product Guarantees
At BestBathrooms.com all our products are engineered and manufactured to the highest standards and carry additional guarantees for added reassurance. All our products are fully tested to ensure the very best quality. Baths, shower enclosures, shower heads, pottery and brassware are all guaranteed to stand the test of time.
- Lifetime Guarantee: covers all our ceramic basins, bidets and toilets for a period of 20 years, a reasonable life expectancy for a modern bathroom. The guarantee covers all ceramic parts, but excludes non-ceramic component parts including cabinets, seats, cistern fittings and non-ceramic wastes.
- 20 Year Guarantee: covers all Hudson Reed brassware.
- 15 Year Guarantee: covers all designer radiators.
- 10 Year Guarantee: covers all taps, shower valves, shower heads, flooring.
- 5 Year Guarantee: covers all furniture, baths and heated towel rails.
- 1 Year Guarantee: covers all mirrors, accessories and toilet seats.
* Lifetime Pottery Guarantee is effective from 22/07/15
* 10 Year Taps & Shower Valves Guarantee is effective from 01/01/15